We are looking for researchers (regular or contract) and postdoctorial researchers.
IIJ Research Laboratory focuses on Internet technologies that enrich our person-to-person communications. We research and develop future technologies and services focusing on 3 to 5 years from now. Members are either expected to publish high quality papers, lead future research areas, contribute to world wide Internet operations, develop future Internet core technologies, and/or develop prototype systems.
We are working on the following areas at the moment, but the research and development areas are not limited to these areas.
- Super large scale distributed infrastructure and services
- Cloud computing
- Internet routing technologies
- Traffic measurement and data analysis
- Network system automatic configuration and control
- Computer languages for Internet services
- Internet security
- Open source software development and deployment
- Doctorial degree of computer science (or related areas) or same level of rsearch and development skills
- Deep knowledge about Internet theories and technologies
- Programming skills
- Communication and literacy skills in English
- Good publication records
- Development of open source software
- Development of operating systems and/or device drivers
- Project management skill
Terms of employment
- Monthly salary (depending on skills) plus overtime
- Working hours
- Flextime or discretionary labor system
- Days off and leave
- Regular days off (every weekends), national holidays, paid leave, and other special occasions
- Health insurance, employee's pension insurance and fund, unemployment insurance, retirement allowance, national pension, accident compensation insurance
- Visa support
- Initial support for the document handling required at the immigration authority in Japan.
Applicants are required to send their CV/resume and a PDF document describing their list of publications/activities (and additional documents if any, such as recommendation letters) to the contact address. After careful review of the documents, we will hold two interviews (either face to face or remote) for a few selected applicants. In the second interview, we will ask applicants to have a 40~50 minutes talk to present their achievements and research plans in the IIJ research laboratory.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
with required documents described above.