discover new values through the past studies.
I'm working on network architecture stuffs from protocol design, analysis to implementation and deployment (hopefully :-)).
I am a Senior Researcher at IIJ laboratory, Japan since 2016, working on network architecture stuff from protocol design, analysis to implementation and deployment (hopefully :-). I obtained PhD degree in Media and Governance from Keio University in 2011 for mobile network architecture.
My main research interests are the Internet, especially freeform networks, mobile network architectures, ad hoc networks, network experimental stuffs, and distributed systems.
- Library operating system
- Network architecture
- Software testing
- Network simulation
- Workshop on ns-3 (WNS3) 2017 (TPC), 2016, 2015 (TPC co-chair), 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 (TPC)
- Linux netdev conference series 1.2 (Linux netdev 1.2), (Organization co-chair)
- Internet Conference (IC) 2016 (TPC co-chair)
- AsiaFI 2012 Summer school (PC Chair)
- Asia Workshop on Future Internet Technologies (AWFIT 2011) TPC
- AsiaFI 2010 Winter School student TPC Chair
Refereed Conferences, Workshops, Academic Journals
- Viet-Hoang Tran, Hajime Tazaki, Quentin De Coninck, Olivier Bonaventure, Voice-activated applications and Multipath TCP: a good match?, MNM workshop 2018 [paper]
/dev/stdpkt: A Service Chaining Architecture with Pipelined Operating System Instances in a Unix Shell[blog]
- Yuta Tokusashi, Yohei Kuga, Ryo Nakamura, Hajime Tazaki, Hiroki Matsutani, mitiKV: An Inline Mitigator for DDoS Flooding Attacks, Internet Conference 2016. [paper]
- Minoru KANATSU, Hajime TAZAKI, Yojiro UO, Hiroshi YAMADA Measurement Cloud-oriented Library OS Boot Time for Classification (in Japanese), Internet Conference 2016 [paper]
- Takeshi Matsuya, Hajime Tazaki, Yohei Kuga, Rodney Van Meter, Hideaki Yoshifuji, and Jun Murai. Low-latency Communication by FPGA based IP-NUMA (in Japanese). IEICE Transactions on Communications, vol.98, no.10, 2015.
- Shogo Fujii, Hajime Tazaki, Yuji Sekiya, A proposal method for shortfiow traffic in datacenter network, Internet Conference 2014, November, 2014 (in Japanese). [paper]
- Yuji Sekiya, Tomohiro Ishihara, Hajime Tazaki, DNSSEC simulator for realistic estimation of deployment impacts, IEICE Communications Express vol. 3 (2014) no. 10 pp. 305-310. [paper]
- Hajime Tazaki, Kazuya Okada, Yuji Sekiya and Youki Kadobayashi, MATATABI: Multi-layer Threat Analysis Platform with Hadoop, 3rd International Workshop on Building Analysis Datasets and Gathering Experience Returns for Security (BADGERS 2014), September 2014.
- Daisuke Miyamoto, Takuji Iimura, Gregory Blanc, Hajime Tazaki and Youki Kadobayashi, EyeBit: Eye-Tracking Approach for Enforcing Phishing Prevention Habits, 3rd International Workshop on Building Analysis Datasets and Gathering Experience Returns for Security (BADGERS 2014), September 2014.
- Takuji Iimura, Daisuke Miyamoto, Hajime Tazaki, Youki Kadobayashi, NECOMAtter: Curating Approach for Sharing Cyber Threat Information, The 9th International Conference on Future Internet Technologies (CFI 2014 poster session), June 2014.
- Thanasis Petsas, Kazuya Okada, Hajime Tazaki, Gregory Blanc and Paweł Pawliński, A Trusted Knowledge Management System for Multi-layer Threat Analysis, the 7th International Conference on Trust & Trustworthy Computing (TRUST 2014 poster session), June 2014.
- Camara, D.; Tazaki, H.; Mancini, E.; Turletti, T.; Dabbous, W.; Lacage, M., DCE: Test the real code of your protocols and applications over simulated networks, Communications Magazine, IEEE, vol.52, no.3, pp.104,110, March 2014. [paper]
Direct code execution: revisiting library OS architecture for reproducible network experiments[ slides]
- Hajime Tazaki, Frédéric Urbani and Thierry Turletti. DCE Cradle: Simulate Network Protocols with Real Stacks for Better Realism. In Proc. WNS 2013, March 2013 (Awarded the best paper award at WNS3 2013). [slides]
- Ved P. Kafle, Ruidong Li, Hajime Tazaki, and Hiroaki Harai. Network mobility management in HIMALIS architecture of future networks. In Proc. IEEE GC’12 Workshop - MobiWorld 2012, December 2012.
Floating ground architecture: overcoming the one-hop boundary of current mobile internet
- Kenji Fujikawa, Hajime Tazaki, Hiroaki Harai, Inter-AS Locator Allocation of Hierarchical Automatic Number Allocation in a 10,000-AS Network, In Proc. SAINT 2012, July 2012.
- Hajime Tazaki and Hitoshi Asaeda, "DNEmu: Design and Implementation of Distributed Network Emulation for Smooth Experimentation Control", In Proc. TridentCom 2012, June 2012. [paper] DOI
- Hajime Tazaki, Rodney Van Meter, Ryuji Wakikawa, Keisuke Uehara and Jun Murai: NAT-MANEMO: Route Optimization for Unlimited Network Extensibility in MANEMO, Journal of Information Processing, Vol. 19, No. 0, pp.118-128. (2011). DOI
- Hajime Tazaki, Rodney Van Meter, Ryuji Wakikawa, Thirapon Wongsaardsakul, Kanchana Kanchanasut, Marcelo Dias de Amorim, Jun Murai. MANEMO Routing in Practice: Protocol Selection, Expected Performance, and Experimental Evaluation. IEICE Transactions on Communications, 93(8):2004-2011, August 2010.
Selecting an appropriate routing protocol for in-field MANEMO experiments
- P. Pongpaibool, K.S. Na Ayutaya, K. Kanchanasut, H. Tazaki. Rapid IPv6 address autoconfiguration for heterogeneous mobile technologies. In ITS Telecommunications, 2008. ITST 2008. 8th International Conference on, Volume, Pages 234-239, 2008. DOI
Miscellaneous (Thesis, Poster, Demonstration, etc)
- Motomu Utsumi, Hajime Tazaki, Hiroshi Esaki, /dev/stdpkt: A Service Chaining Architecture with Pipelined Operating System Instances in a Unix Shell, ACM APSys 2017 (poster)
- Takeshi Matsuya,Hajime Tazaki, Yohei Kuga, Rodney Van Meter, and Osamu Nakamura. FPGA based low-latency IPv6 Route Lookup Using Dynamic XOR Table. ACM APsys 2015 (poster session), 2015
- Hajime Tazaki, Ryo Nakamura, Yuji Sekiya, Library Operating System with Mainline Linux Network Stack, netdev0.1, February, 2015. [slides]
- Hajime Tazaki, Network Stack in Userspace (NUSE), New Directions in Operating Systems 2014, November, 2014. [slides]
Demo abstract: realistic evaluation of kernel protocols and software defined wireless networks with DCE/ns-3
- Hajime Tazaki, Direct Code Execution Dive Into the Internals of Kernel Network Stack with DCE, LinuxCon Japan 2014, May,2014. [slides]
- T. Ishihara, H. Tazaki, K. Okada, D. Miyamoto, and Y. Sekiya. DNS traffic analysis platform with hadoop framework. In IEICE Technical Report, volume 113 of ICSS2013-77, pages 131–135, Okinawa, March 2014. Thu, Mar 27, 2014 - Fri, Mar 28 : Meio Univiersity (ICSS, IPSJ-SPT).
- H. Tazaki, K. Okada, Y. Sekiya, and Y. Kadobayashi. Matatabi: Multi-layer threat analysis platform with hadoop. In IEICE Technical Report, volume 113 of ICSS2013-77, pages 113–118, Okinawa, March 2014. Thu, Mar 27, 2014 - Fri, Mar 28 : Meio Univiersity (ICSS, IPSJ-SPT).
- Shogo Fujii, Hajime Tazaki, Yuji Sekiya, A study of the effect of the size of data flows in the data center network with MultiPath TCP, IEICE Tech. Report., vol. 113, no 364, IA2013-65, pp. 47–52, December 2013.
- dlmopen(3C)をつかった VM, カーネル/VM探検隊 (Japanese), December 2013, [slides]
- Tomohiro Ishihara, Hajime Tazaki, Yuji Sekiya, Design and Implementation of DNSSEC Simulator using Unmodified Real Implementations, IEICE Tech. Report., vol. 133, no 240, IA2013-27, pp. 7–12, October 2013.
- Hajime Tazaki, Kenji Fujikawa, Tomoji Tomuro, Hiroaki Harai, Toward Internet-Scale Network Experiment: The Use-Case of Hierarchical Locator Assignment Protocol, IEICE TC on Network Virtualization (NV), July, 2012.
- Ved P. Kafle, Hajime Tazaki, Tomoji Tomuro, Yasunaga Kobari, Hiroaki Harai, Prototype Implementation and Evaluation of ID/Locator-Split Protocol Stack, IEICE TC on Network System (NS), May, 2012.
- Hajime Tazaki, DNEmu: An Architecture for Distributed Network Emulation, WNS3 2012: The Workshop on ns-3 (WNS3), March 2012. [pdf]
- Sugang Xu, Kenji Fujikawa, Hajime Tazaki, Ved Kafle, Hiroaki Harai, A Distributed Planning Scheme of Locator Space Renumbering in Hierarchical Automatic Locator Number Allocation (HANA), IEICE TC on Internet Architecture (IA), October, 2011.
- Hajime Tazaki, Floating Ground: A Network Architecture for MANEMO (Invited Talk), IEICE TC on Ad Hoc Networks (AN), July, 2011.
- Hajime Tazaki, Floating Ground: An Architecture for Network Mobility and Ad Hoc Network Convergence, Ph.D dissertation, Keio University, Februrary 2011.[pdf]
- Hajime Tazaki. Running Code Simulation with Zebra Routing Software. Workshop on ns-3 (WNS3) in conjunction with SIMUTools 2010, March 2010.[pdf]
- Hajime Tazaki. Using virtualization on top of network mobile simulator. 3rd Asia Future Internet Winter School on Wireless and Mobile, February 2010. [pdf]
- Hajime Tazaki. Wireless Network Demonstration in Post-disaster Rescue Work (Poster Session). WIDE Project Meeting, November 2008. [pdf]
- Hajime Tazaki. DUMBO II: an emergency networks for post-disaster rescue and recovery operations (Demonstration Session). ITS Telecommunications, 2008. ITST 2008. 8th International Conference on, October 2008.